Re: Could you please update to HPLIP 3.17.11

Thanks for the info.

HP is using a somewhat unusual version numbering. It contains of the generation as first part, the year as second part and the month as third part, so not as in cups-filters (and probably many others) bumping the second part if a new feature is included and only the third part if only bug fixes were done.

As HP does not restrict feature additions to the beginning of a new year, they can come in any release. Their numbering does not tell about feature additions (or removals).

   Till

On 2018-02-26 08:41, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
Le dimanche, 25 février 2018, 16.37:40 h CET Till Kamppeter a écrit :
on March 1 is Feature Freeze at Ubuntu and I would like to update to the
current version 3.17.11, but I have problems with your repack mechanism
("make -f debian/rules get-orig-source", see my complete attempt below).

Could you do the update in Debian so that I can sync to Ubuntu?

No. I've been witholding its upload on purpose, as it is severely broken for a
patch-level release:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/hplip/+bug/1736221
https://bugs.launchpad.net/hplip/+bug/1737675
https://bugs.launchpad.net/hplip/+bug/1737678

Could you also, if needed, update/fix the debian/rules (or debian/watch)
file? Probably the download path for the original tarball is not valid
any more.

500 read timeout
uscan warn: In directory ., downloading
    https://qa.debian.org/watch/sf.php/hplip/hplip-3.17.11.tar.gz.asc
failed: 500 Can't connect to downloads.sourceforge.net:443 (Connection
timed out)

Sourceforge is down, that can't work. :-(

Cheers,
	OdyX