Re: New packages on Debian/Ubuntu printing stack

On 02/17/2016 07:34 PM, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
I've come around to uploading:
- pyppd 1.0.2-3 to experimental
   It's an attempt at fixing reproducible builds
- epson-inkjet-printer-escpr 1.6.3-1
- gutenprint 5.2.11-1
- foomatic-db 20160212-1

Thanks. I will sync these.

For foomatic-db, I've repacked the original tarball to xz (this should
_really_ be done upstream), going from 44 Mb to 3.5 Mb.

Only the ptouch-driver transition from 1.3 to 1.4 is a feature reease
which should be done before FF, but I could do the -0ubuntu1 here,
too.

So this leaves ptouch-driver and cups-bjnp to be uploaded. I'll try to
get around these during tomorrow.

I have uploaded these two as -0ubuntu1. So we have these new upstream versions at Ubuntu and I can sync any time after our Feature Freeze. In cups-bjnp I have applied two small fixes. First, Gutenprint as driver is recommended. This should not be done by the awkward foomatic-db-gutenprint as the live-XML-to-PPD conversion of Gutenprint has scaling problems. Therefore I replaced it by printer-driver-gutenprint, the native CUPS driver. Second, the new ./configure script of cups-bjnp 2.0 needs CUPS build dependencies. The fixes have pushed to the GIT repo.