Re: cups compilation fails

Hi Martinm

Le vendredi, 17 octobre 2014, 00.29:03 Martin Vegter a écrit :
> Package: cups
> Version: 1.5.3-5+deb7u2
> Severity: normal

You haven't filed a bug here; you need to write to
submit@bugs.debian.org.

> I am trying to compile the stable cups package using
> dpkg-buildpackage, on Debian Wheezy with all dependent packages
> present.

This should be working fine in a chroot, it's not guaranteed on a full
system.

> The compilation fails during the test phase with errors displayed
> below. Seems to me, the two important lines are:
>
>     [cups-deviced] PID 8234 (usb) crashed on signal 11!

This line is ignored by the test warning lines counter, added in patch
debian/patches/tests-ignore-usb-crash.patch

>     [cups-deviced] PID 8235 (snmp) stopped

This is most certainly the culprit.

> Interestingly, I did compile it initially on a virtual machine without
> any USB stack. When I compile on a physical desktop machine with USB,
> the USB related error disappears. But the snmp error still exists.

Yes. That's why the above patch was added.

> Can you please advise how to fix this ?

Could you retry in a chroot?

> PS: In case it is relevant, my compilation machine does not support
> IPv6

This part of the build shouldn't be affected, but it's hard to say.

Cheers,
OdyX