Re: No video signal on iBook G4 with latest kernel

Hi Adrian,

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
Correct, there is an issue with the brightness controls. It sometimes randomly
turns the screen off, even when turning it to maximum setting. Then when you
change the settings again randomly, the video comes back.

Still, this needs to be bisected.

Ok... fine..  as far as I remember in my experience this is an old bug... months. I don't ever recall it working, but previously I had a slightly different iBook which failed in the GPU and this is not the exact model, so subtle bugs differ (and taint my memory as far as working goes).

On my PowerBook G4 which is quite similar, everything works regarding the screen.

So not just "something latest" in the kernel nor it is a specific hardware error of your computer.

Although it almost never work on boot, the amount of "increase brightness" one needs to give is random. Could be a badly inited memory value or so.

Riccardo