Mate Desktop crashes

Hello, im actually running Debian 12 on a Powermac G5 Quad with a Geforce 6600 with Mate Desktop. (I could only install this desktop because the installations fails if i try another)
Suddenly it crashes randomly and most times some Text is shown as skin colored blocks.
If i use the Desktop over RDP with XRDP everything is normal and nothing crashes.
The system is still "usable" if you know how to use the command line by pressing Ctrl +tab and F1 to F6

I don't know if its a bug in Mate (seems not) or a bug in the driver or the display manager. I use the display manager that installs default with the Mate Desktop

Greetings
Christoph