Re: Grub failed

On Sun, 2023-11-26 at 07:57 +0700, Jeroen Diederen wrote:
> Another thing that I now remember is that on one ppc64 machine
> after upgrading grub-ieee1275, I had to do a fsck.hfs, as it somehow
> screw up the bootstrap partition. My feeling is that the problem resides
> in grub-ieee1275, which got an upgrade on November 9 (changelog grub2)
> and was built by buildd in November 10.

All that grub-install does is copying files into the directory /boot/grub,
it makes zero modifications to the filesystem itself or the block device.

It doesn't even modify the NVRAM because it's called with "--no-nvram" [1].

The HFS filesystem corruption is most likely a result of the outdated hfsprogs
package which has some issues on big-endian systems as I discovered while working
on the hfsprogs source code. This will be resolved once I finally update that
package.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz