Re: Why it's so difficult to fix PowerMac booting for good

Hi Adrian,

On 24.05.23 15:25, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

Installing on a FAT filesystem does not work at all. grub-install actually refuses
the installation if the target directory for --macppc-directory is not an HFS/HFS+
filesystem.

Oh it works - or let's say it worked for me back when I tested it in
2018 on a Mac mini G4 and a 11,2 Power Mac G5.

According to the relevant line in my PR ([1]) you have to omit
`--macppc-directory` from the `grub-install` command.

[1]:
https://salsa.debian.org/frank-scheiner-guest/grub-installer/-/commit/cfe145228adaa34aae780cbb527dce5408107083#ae6e84c2dbfeefe14b039001e1b64254dada292b_895_899

Cheers,
Frank