Re: Some background information - was: Re: Recipe for installing Debian on powerpc (G4, 32-bit) Mac? [failed installation -- looking for advice]

Hello!

> Last but not least, the partman-hfs udeb package is currently not part of the official Debian distribution
> as I have not continued with the work while the updated hfsprogs package was still in the NEW queue. I
> wasn't sure whether hfsprogs would still be accepted after such a long time, so I decided to rather wait
> with partman-hfs.
>
> The current situation is now that partman-hfs needs to be worked on next and Debian Ports needs to get
> support for the "contrib" and "non-free" distributions. The former is relatively easy and since I already
> have a rough draft package, it won't take me too long to get a proper partman-hfs package ready.

Finally an update on this. I took the time today to finalize the partman-hfs package and I expect it to
upload it to Debian unstable within the next days. I'm just waiting for some comments from one of the
other maintainers of debian-installers. Once I have received those, I will upload the package.

I have also fixed the problem with the bogus error message now during partitioning and the whole partitioning
works as expected now. You can download a preliminary test ISO installation image for PowerPC from here [1].

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz