Re: Number of machines running powerpc and ppc64 rising

On 2020-04-24 10:12, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
Hi!

I have been watching the popcon statistics for powerpc and ppc64 [1] and
the number of machines running the powerpc or ppc64 ports is slowly rising
since we got GRUB working :).

Thanks to everyone who is enabling the popularity contest package, maybe
we will overtake ppc64el with the ppc64 port, who knows ;).

    I have both ppc64 and ppc64le running and everything seems fine with
the exception of some strange floating point behavior.  I think that the
ppc64 world uses an IBM double 64-bit weird format to store the 128-bit
long double data. Other than that it all seems to work.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC