Re: from scratch install of ibook

On 13.11.2018 12:43, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

Last time I tested it on my iBook G4, it worked without problems. However,
recently, some PowerPC-specific packages were removed from the archives
which could affect the installation process.

It was exactly the yaboot, whose last version gave a critical error at the very beginning of first boot. I resolved (as suggested in this list) by using the installation CD to boot into the newly installed partition, and downgrade the
yaboot package.

Moreover there wasn't any valid entry in /etc/apt.d/sources.list

--
Mick