Re: Debian sid testing progress

Please excuse the name change. I forgot that this was my old Craigslist reply email :)

> Thanks for your work. This encourages us to keep working on the port.
>
> FWIW, I am currently trying to fix the Rust compiler on 32-bit PowerPC so
> that we will eventually be able to use Firefox and Thunderbird on PowerPC
> again.

Nice. I wish my coding skills weren't so old-school, or I could offer help beyond just testing. It would be nice to see Quantum's speed and efficiency (to the extent that it would be effective) on PPC machines. This could possibly have a carry-over affect on TenFourFox, the Mac OS X/PowerPC fork of Firefox-ESR, as Cameron is basically left to applying security patches and optimizations to the old ESR code.

> Oh, and I am going to build fresh installation images this week so you
> guys will have something to test. I have vacation for two weeks now and
> therefore enough time for that.

Excellent! Looking forward to them.

> > Thanks to all involved with maintaining this port.
>
> You're welcome. Please join us on #debian-ports on OFTC on IRC if you would
> like to get into contact. New help is always welcome.

Will do, time permitting. I'll notify the MacRumors thread of your reply. Thanks!

Brian