Re: Adding more ppc64 buildds from the POWER cloud

Hello Adrian,

On 04/02/2016 06:53 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Since I think that the buildds for the ppc64 (Big Endian) port are a bit
> underpowered and actually have to rebuild the whole archive now (due
> to the fact they want rebuild everything with Altivec disabled), I was
> wondering whether you could add a few instances from your cloud as
> ppc64 buildds?

Yes. I am glad to help on this effort. We still have that "POWER minicloud"
program and I think we can deploy a ppc64 image to be used as a build server
(buildd).

On the other hand, the DSA has two POWER8 machines that they use to build powerpc
and ppc64el. Maybe they can create another VM on one of those to be the ppc64
buildd. This would be better for the ppc64 port, if we can have DSA building it in
a DSA managed buildd. Did you try to talk to the DSA already?

Anyway, one way or another, I glad to help!