Re: Reg:Powerpc MPC 8641D support.

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 06:28:00PM +0530, Sureshvs wrote:
>    We have embedded system with MPC8641D PowerPC processor,running Linux kernel 3.10.32  on eldk 5.3 filesystem.
>  we are planning to use the debian filesystem on Linux kernel 3.10.32.
>
> I have gone through the debian website for PowerPC support.I have not found support for MPC 8641D.
> so kindly help me.

Well CPUs for embedded systems are often not directly mentioned because
it isn't a system most people have access too.  However it appears that
it is a perfectly normal 32bit powerpc, so I see no reason you could
not create a debian filesystem with debootstrap and use it together with
the kernel (and modules of course) you already have, assuming the kernel
has the required features turned on.

--
Len Sorensen