Re: Alternative java/JVM working on armel/powerpc?

I tried your suggested tests on a PowerPC G4 with jessie installed, up-to-date.

Avian is only available in unstable ... it didn't work for me either, same result you got.

For Zero,

clojure ... 70 sec to first prompt, 2 sec on first operation, fast on repeat.
scala ... 5 sec to first prompt, 55 sec on first operation, 5 sec on repeat

For JAMVM,

clojure ... 15 sec to first prompt, fast on first operation, fast on repeat.
scala ... 5 sec to first prompt, 15 sec on first operation, 3 sec on repeat

HTH
Chris