Re: iBook G3 stopped booting after last testing update

Am Tuesday 15 January 2013 schrieb Elimar Riesebieter:
> * Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org> [2013-01-15 09:58 +0100]:
>
> > On Mon, 2013-01-14 at 19:47 +0100, Martin Kuball wrote:
> > >
> > > After spending to much time figuring out what's going on, I have at
> > > least a working system. The error is triggered when laptop-mode is
> > > setting the auto negotiation attribute. So it may be a hardware error
> > > after all. Because if I bring up the network manually (ifup -a) it
> > > works.
> >
> > It might still be a sungem driver bug, or the driver might at least be
> > able to work around the hardware problem. Consider reporting a bug
> > against the kernel, preferably upstream.
>
> I experienced such "bugs" as a misbehavior of networkmanager. I
> always purge all the nm stuff, use /etc/network/interfaces and for
> laptops a heaviliy customized netenv package.
>
> Elimar

What do you mean by networkmananger? I see packages named netowork-mananger*, but none of them is installed on my iBook.
Maybe I should try netenv. But then: I'm  so glad that the system is working again. I don't want to risk anything at the moment.

Martin