Re: Problems with Asus USB-N13 Wifi adapter

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 07:25:46AM -0400, bunk3m wrote:
> I updated the kernel to 2.6.38-2-powerpc, linux-base and ralink
> firmware from Wheezy.
>
> Unfortunately, this hasn't solved the problem yet but it looks like
> I'm further ahead.  wicd doesn't seem to find any wireless network.
[...]
> # ifconfig wlan0 192.168.2.100 up
> SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such file or directory
[...]
> and from boot up messages...
>
> rt2x00lib_request_firmware: Error - Current firmware does not support detected chipset.

Your device uses a RT3072 chip.  With firmware-ralink 0.29 installed,
you have experienced one of the issues described in Debian bug #601416.

Please install firmware-ralink version 0.30 (available in unstable),
then try using your wireless interface as before.

Geoff