Re: A short tutorial on running GRUB2 on a PPC

Hi,

2011/4/3, Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br>:
> (Please, keep me CC'ed, as I am not currently subscribed to -powerpc)
>
> Hi there.
>
> As some people may not consider yaboot to be a bootloader for the long term
> (well, depending on your views, not even for the short term), I took some
> time to distill, experiment, pull my hair, become frustrated, and write a
> moderately introductory post on getting GRUB 2 on my iBook G4.
>
> The post is here:
>
>     http://rb.doesntexist.org/blog/posts/running_grub2_on_powerpc_macs/
>
> Please let me know if you find this useful.

Very useful, indeed. Thank you.

My main concern with yaboot has been (until now) its inability to
specify initrd, unless given in cfg file. Typically with external
disks, when root device has changed, and the boot stops.

Is it possible with grub2 to specify initrd manually?

Risto