Re: Adjust imac G3 monitor?

Something went wrong, and now networking is down.  It shows a LAN connection but I have no internet access.  I'm not sure what to do, unless someone has a better idea I guess I'll reinstall 5.0.4.

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 14:52, Gunther Furtado <gunfurtado@gmail.com> wrote:
Em Sat, 17 Apr 2010 14:26:11 -0700,
Nicholas Chase <nick.nchase21@gmail.com> escreveu:

> So from what I understand I just need to hold:
>
> Package: xserver-xorg-video-r128
> Pin: release v=6.8.0-1
> Pin-Priority: 1001
>
> Package: xserver-xorg-input-all
> Pin: release v=1:7.3+20
> Pin-Priority: 1001
>
> Package: xserver-xorg-video-all
> Pin: release v=1:7.3+20
> Pin-Priority: 1001

Correct!

> And Debian can upgrade safely?  Last time I tried to upgrade using the
> sources.list x failed and I couldn't find xorg.conf to modify it
> back.  It was strange, but I'm still very inexperienced.

That's OK! I'm not an expert either, I just happen to have similar
hardware. And yes, holding those packages will make your X works while
you upgrade most of the other components of your system.

I am gathering information about wht's going wrong with the X upgrade
to fill a bug report, maybe you could help me with that?

This mail came as pivate, is there a reason not to send this to
the list?

cheers,

[...]

--