Re: installing debian on an: Apple PowerBook G4 550 (Gigabit - Ti)

On Sep 03 2009, sergio sevillano wrote:
> >cd /etc/X11 && wget http://theapt.org/openbsd/xorg.conf
> did the trick
> im into KDE now

Nice. What were the problems that you were seeing and that it fixed?
Please, provide more information with your e-mails or it will be hard to
help you.

It would be a good thing if you could post your xorg.conf file on the
Debian wiki, so that other people can be referred there (and it is also
a very good source of information in general, BTW).

One of the starting points would be:
http://wiki.debian.org/PowerPC

> does normal apt-get install xerver-xorg-video-raedon

(Gee, pay attention with your spelling)

> modify anything else than xorg.conf ?

Do you really have a radeon card? I'd think that an old TiBook would
have a Rage Mobility M3 card, but there were so many revisions of the
Tibooks that I may be mistaken. Which one do you have?

You can check what is your card by looking at the output of lscpi
(better yet would be to gather information once and for all with lshw
run as root).

Regarding if installing the radeon driver, if you installed it it would
not touch your configuration. Debian systems don't change the
configuration made by the user (or, if they do, they would be
conspicuous about this).

Regards, Rogério Brito.