Re: Suspend to RAM leaves backlight on

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 08:20:05PM -0800, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
> I am using powerbook 3,2 with ATI Rage Mobility M3 AGP 2X. Suspend to
> RAM works sporadically. The disk spins down but the machine locks up
> and leaves the display on. This did not happen in Etch.
>
> I tried using the -r switch as stated in the s2ram man page but no
> luck. The driver I am using is r128.

I also have seen sporadically working suspend to RAM (or disk) on a
similar computer. I made a custom suspend script that stop the
network-manager and unloaded some kernel modules, and then just waited
(using bash sleep) for the cpu to become idle, before issueing

pbbcmd sleep

The kernel modules the script unloads are:

sbp2
all modules with ieee in their name

With the script, I can reliably use sleep and resume.

This computer never had etch installed, so I don't know if etch was
better in sleeping.

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
Q. What is that strange attachment in this mail?