Cannot play VCDs

Hi, I need help in playing VCDs in VLC. They do not play. When I go to file, open disc and click VCD, It tries to load as if it is going to play but nothing happens. Instead I get a some extra menu, previous chapter, and next chapter.  buttons under the normal vlc buttons that say menu, previous chapter, and next chapter. Nothing shows up in the audo or video settings above. They both say empty.   When I insert a VCD, it auto starts and totem comes up to try and play it but it says  an error occured. Could not open location; you might not have permission to open the file. I'd like to play VCDs in Debian as I cannot play VCDs in XMB of my PS3. Please help. Thanks.

[http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/betathanks/download/images/download_2.jpg]

Norberto

Make every e-mail and IM count. Join the i’m Initiative from Microsoft.