wireless suddenly stopped

Hi,

I've had etch installed on my iBook G3 dual-usb for several months and
everything has been working perfectly. Except, the other day when I
booted up my computer wireless didn't work and when I looked in
Desktop->Administration->Networking my wireless card was listed as
inactive. So I activated it and pointed it to my wireless network with
DHCP and everything seemed to work, but it still wouldn't connect or
find/detect any wireless networks. It still won't won't detect
wireless networks, wired still works.

I'm very new to linux, so you may need to explain things more simply
for me. Thanks.

Bob