Re: linux-kernel-di-powerpc-2.6_1.24_powerpc.changes REJECTED

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 12:25:27PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Monday 27 November 2006 18:38, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > I see. Is the installer smart enough to pull packages from more than one
> > archive?
>
> Yes. During build time it looks for local udebs which will be included in the
> cd-image.

Err, Holger, we are speaking about module .udebs, which are not included in
the image, and the cd-image is built by debian-cd. Furthermore, the issue is
with netboot, not with cd media.

Furthermore, there are two issues which contradict you on this :

  1) at build time, for some obscure reason, the d-i installer seem to add at
  the same time the 2.6.18 modules from localeudebs, but also some 2.6.17
  modules downloaded from the archive. I think i have a bug report about this
  open, but i don't have the bug number handy. I don't know if anyone
  investigated, my build-setup knowledge is too small to handle this.

  2) when adding random .udebs that where home built to the image, the d-i
  build process adds loads of stuff, among them all the dependencies, creating
  a huge d-i image. This has repeteadly meant failure to build in the past in
  my experience, altough i haven't done this for some time now, and it may be
  fixed.

Friendly,

Sven Luther