Re: RAM for iBook

i just tried that site.

they seem to have half cooked their database.

i click through to a machine and then it comes up blank,
apparently they erased some entries or never completed them.
particularly my oldworld g3 and one of the fujitsu lifebooks
i tried (i don't know how close it was to what he had)

the ibook is there, true enough. although they guarantee
their referral to work if you buy from them, they do not
completely reference to the apple spec.

i stick to my guns. people with way more experience than
me have warned of standards like pc133 etc for use in macs.
it may or may not work, may depend on the manufacturer.

i have never heard though that if it could damage the machine,
if it is close anyway.

i would still reccommend people buy mac memory from mac
suppliers, unless they are getting some huge discount or something, want to take a chance.

some people go with overkill, but anyway ...

enough said.

Rick Thomas <rbthomas55@pobox.com> wrote:
Go to http://www.crucial.com/ . They have a complete list of specs
for just about every machine you can name. Look up the machine the
chips came from and the machine you want to put them into and see if
they use compatible chips.

Simple, eh?

Rick