iBook G4 -- GPU and processor temperatures too high?

Hello, everyone.

I have an iBook G4 (the late 2005 model) with Debian Unstable on it. I have cpufreq and powernow, and that keeps the CPU speed down when necessary (jumping between 666 and 1333 MHz).

In spite of that, however, I find its temperatures rather high most of the time. Usually, the CPU is around 50 ºC, and the GPU a tad under 60 ºC. I think that is quite a lot, especially in times like now, when all I am doing is writting an email.

Does anyone know why this can be so, and how I can get the temperatures lower?

Thanks in advance,
Denís.

--
# Denís Fernández Cabrera #