Newbie Debian Etch PPC Yaboot Install Problems.

Hi again,

I installed Debian (Etch) PPC (I think this is considered to be "testing"). At the end of the install, I got the following message:

"Yaboot didn't install. You will need to boot manually with the /boot/vmlinux kernel on partition /dev/sda3 and root=/dev/sda3 passed on as a kernel argument."

Since an Ubuntu yaboot kicks in at startup, I pressed "L" and then at the "boot" prompt, I wrote:

"/boot/vmlinux /dev/sda3 root=/dev/sda3"

This didn't work as I got the following error:

"Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)"

Soooo, what do I do to boot into the Debian system for the first time and how do I resolve the yaboot issue permanently?

Cheers,

Brian