Re: debian-PPC powerbook laptop support.

Hi Patricio, Magnus,

On Mo, 20.02.2006, 22:19, Magnus Rosenbaum sagte:
> Patricio Valarezo wrote:
>> BTW, i've wireless up and running, but i can't get suspend2 working in
>> my powerbook 12", does anyone has a guide or advice to get it working?
>> i'm using 2.6.15.1
>
> On my iBook G4 1,33GHz suspend and suspend2 both work fine with kernel
> 2.6.15. There should be not much difference to your powerbook.

on my 12" swsusp only works when using no initrd. No patch for the kernel
is necessary in my case, only use the swsusp that is in vanilla already (
i think it is swsusp2). I can use it since some minor version, i think
since 2.6.15 or 2.6.14.sth. There is some issue with the videocard, first
time i swsuspend, i need to do it from text mode.

> You have to patch the kernel and recompile it and install the
> hibernate-script package. How far do you get?
Which kernel patch do you use magnus? what is it for? I had a patch for
swsusp from guido guenther for an older kernel as far as i remember, but
it is not necessary for me now anymore.

Thanks,
Joerg