Re: suspend-to-disk doesn't work with DRI on albook with ATI Radeon 9600

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 18:17 +0200, ruben wrote:

> Suspend-to-RAM works just fine, no need to switch to a text console.
> Suspend-to-disk after switching to text console, resumes just fine and
> works just fine until switching back to X. Switching back to X gives
> me a garbled screen (I see the original screen in miniature repeated
> over the screen) and Xorg runs crazy. Switching back to a text console
> is not possible, but I can log in remotely to shut it down.

Sounds like some changes in the suspend-to-disk code broke the DRI
suspend/resume code or vice versa.

> I noticed also another problem for some weeks already and that is that
> Xorg seems to slow down over time.  What I mean, is that dragging
> windows around and scrolling is noticeably slower. It's like running
> Xfree3 on an 386. When I move a window, I actually see that the top is
> moved first, and then the bottom follows. When I scroll a webpage, I
> see that first the top is update and then the lower parts. Doing any
> of this causes Xorg to consume all the cpu power it can get. It only
> seems to happen when the application is already running on X for some
> time. I've noticed it both with metacity and e17. I noticed the slow
> scrolling in Galeon, but restarting galeon seems to solve the slow
> scrolling. Anyone else noticed this too ?

[...]

> 	Option "AccelMethod" "EXA"

It's a known issue with EXA that's being worked on upstream. Something
like switching to console and back or xrandr -s 0 might serve as
intermittent relief.