Re: PBButtonsd Beta Version 0.7.0beta2 released - major bugfix

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 the mental interface of
Matthias Grimm told:

> On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 16:19:34 +0200
> Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> wrote:
>
> > Alsamixer starts with the last saved /var/lib/alsa/asound.state and
> > not with the suggested _Volume_ from /etc/pbbuttonsd.conf.
>
> Thank you for your test report.
>
> Based on your report I found a bug in alsamixer's volume control which
> caused that the volume level given in percent was taken as relative
> hardware-dependent volume level. A configured volume level of 50(%)
> leads to 100% volume set to the hardware. The bug is fixed in CVS.

Thx :)

> Another point could cause the case you described. Both initscripts for
> alsa and pbbuttonsd have the same priority: S20. Because _a_lsa comes
> before _p_bbuttons in aplhabet, alsa should be started first. Otherwise
> alsactl would overwrite pbbuttonsd settings to the sound card.

As I mentioned before: My debpackage was build with
dh_installinit --init-script=pbbuttonsd -u"defaults 95 20" which
means S95 and K20.

> What about NoTapTyping and the freezes? Does the beta2 changed anything?

No freezes til yet ;-) What does NoTapTyping means?

Elimar

--
  Obviously the human brain works like a computer.
  Since there are no stupid computers humans can't be stupid.