Re: ATI 9600 3d acceleration

On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 12:40:49PM +0300, Eddy Petrisor wrote:

> I think you should wait until r300 is ready, or you can try now :) ;
> maybe it will work for you and you will tell me, too :)

Looks like that it is getting ready, eg the page says

# 05/19/05

    * Tagged a new snapshot "the_perfect_frag" of r300_driver. I cannot find visible faults with any levels in Quake3 or PPRacer. Also one can now list all the issues in the driver that need solving.
    * The following cards are known to work ("well" means good enough to play some games, not perfect GL compliance):
          o Radeon 9600 (including Radeon Mobility M10) - works well, no lockups
          o Radeon 9800 - works, but locks up in some applications. Might be aggravated by mouse movement and/or use of merged framebuffer.
          o Radeon X800 - works well no lockups.

I would like to try it, but I don't know where to start.  Do I need to
compile a kernel module, or recompile X, or something else?

Thanks

Tamas