Strange deconnections of Cisco 350 series CardBus network card on new kernels

Hi,

A few days ago I installed linux-image-2.6.14-rc5 and yaird on my PowerBook Aluminium. A bit later i installed udev too. Until then I have successfuly used for several months a wireless card (Cisco 350 series) with pcmcia-cs, hotplug and stuff.

Since I have installed these three programs my wireless card does not connect to AP. I have tried two APs on two different networks. I have tried various ifup/ifdown/iwconfig/dhclient combinations... Sometimes it connects, but it deconnects 10-20 minutes later, and during this time ping packets are sometimes delayed up to 10 seconds. Sometimes I cannot even succeed to connect it.

I suppose this is in connection with the kernel because the problems started *exactly* when I installed these programs.

Even if I boot with the previous kernel (2.6.12) the problem persists.

When executing iwlist it generally prints:
snoopy:~# iwlist eth2 scan
eth2      Failed to read scan data : No data available

[IIRC ethereal on eth2 shows the sent ARP packets, but no one answers to them.]

A cable (eth0) works ok.

I really do not understand what happened, any help will be really appreciated.

------

My /etc/network/interfaces:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
#auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
  #up /etc/init.d/ntp-server start
  #down /etc/init.d/ntp-server stop

# The wifi interface (Eugen)
allow-hotplug eth2
mapping hotplug
  script grep
  map eth2
iface eth2 inet manual
  pre-up /etc/network/eugen

And my "eugen" file:
[A series of if/else to discover the right location where I am]
iwconfig $IFACE essid ... key ... commit
dhclient $IFACE

Regards,
--
Eugen