Re: Building ppc64 2.6.12 the Debian way? (Was: Dual G5 turns off after a while)

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 01:05:12PM -0700, Shyamal Prasad wrote:

>     "Sven" == Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:
>     Sven> Have a look at :
>     Sven> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=323724
>
> Hi Sven/all,
>
> I'm trying to build the ppc64 kernel using the toolchain in sid
> (gcc-3.4 is biarch now, right?) to isolate my problem . But I get this
> very cryptic error (in a sid chroot) when applying the debian patches
> and it has really stumped me. Any hints?
>
> shyamal@turtle:~/linux-source-2.6.12$ MAKEFLAGS="CC=gcc-3.4 CFLAGS=-m64" make-kpkg --initrd --revision=custom.1.0 --added_patches debian kernel_image

The debian patch is already included in the debian linux-source-2.6.12
package, so you don'ty need to re-apply them.

BTW, gcc-4.0 is also biarch.

And finally, you should try make-kpkg --subarch powerpc64, which should do the
right thing as far as gcc and cflags is concerned.

I would thus try :

  make-kpkg --subarch powerpc64 --initrd --revision=shyamal.1.0 kernel-image

Friendly,

Sven Luther