Re: iMac G5 Status?

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 00:15 +1200, Joel Van Velden wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I have an iMac G5 (first revision) and am trying to install debian on
> it, but first i am wondering what is supported:

I got one recently and started doing some serious work on the missing
pieces. However, I've been a bit delayed by other more important work
things, but it's still high on my todolist.

> o Analogue sound output?

Not yet.

> o Network card?

Works.

> o Fan controls?

I'm in the middle of implementing that. For now, you get fans full speed
all the time.

> o Dynamic CPU clock scaling?

Will be there soon too. Probably along with Fan control.

> What is the best/easiest way to actually install debian on an imac?
> Should i be using the newfangled debian-installer release candidates, or
> something else?

I suppose you want somebody to build you a 64 bits kernel with proper
SMU support and boot that with the debian install initrd...

Ben.