RT2500USB Wireless LAN driver for Linux

Hi!

I am glad to announce the release of ural-linux 0.8, a driver for
wireless LAN devices based on the RT2500 USB chipset [1] from Ralink
Technologies.

  http://etudiants.insia.org/~jbobbio/ural-linux/

This driver is a port of Damien Bergamini's *BSD driver [2].  It depends
on a device-independent implementation of the 802.11 protocols that
originated in the BSD community and was ported to Linux for the MADWIFI
driver [3].

My primary motivation for this port was being able to use wireless
connections on my PowerBook 12" with an Asus WL-167g under Debian.
The driver is currently stable enough for daily use on unencrypted
channels.

As this is my first real work inside the Linux kernel, there sure is
room for improvements, and I'll gladly welcome patches and comments.

Please note that monitor mode is currently broken, and that fiddling
with iwconfig sometime leads to freezes or kernel panics.

Cheers,
  Jérémy.

[1] http://www.ralinktech.com/prod-4.htm
[2] http://damien.bergamini.free.fr/ral/