Recompile a driver, without recompiling the whole kernel

Hi All

Often I see patches for kernel drivers here: Is there a more or less
painless way to recompile a driver for some kernel/kernel sources,
without the need to recompile the whole kernel? ... The solutions I
googled so far don't look very promising ...

All I want is compiling the new driver and copy it to somewhere below
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/

Impossible desires?

Thanks in anticipation

Best Regards
 Wolfgang

--
"Impossible desires are not valid ideals; they are wholly destructive
concepts. A valid ideal is life as it could and ought to be. You and I

Edited. Original at:
<http://forums.govteen.com/archive/index.php/t-12160.html>