Re: Poor suspend life on Powerbook G4 (5,2)

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 08:00 +1100, Cedric Pradalier wrote:
>According to Timo Reimerdes, on Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:04:23 +0100,
>>Hi,
>>
>>I was just discussing Linux as an OS on my mac with a friend who is
>>running debian on his iBook for ages. He mentioned that when suspended
>>his iBook lasts about 5 days! Mine will run out of battery power within
>>two and a half days. I am currently running ubuntu-hoary and a
>>2.6.9-ppc-sleep7 kernel (2.6.9 with the sleep patch from benh).
>>
>>Could a current kernel increase my battery life (under OSX I can suspend
>>alot longer times!)?
>>
>>And could someone mail me a link to either a .config usable for my
>>powerbook? Or even a link to a precompiled image?
>>
>>That would be a blast.
>>
>>Other than that I am really happy with the way things work. And maybe
>>one day even DRI will run ;) :P
>>
>>greetings
>>
>>Timo Reimerdes
>>

>You can try to remove usb module before going to sleep. In my experience on
>my ibook, I cannot sleep one night with usb module loaded. The main reason was that usb
>device must be alimented to be able to detect device insertion.
>
>My conclusion is that you should remove usb, ethernet, firewire, sound... I don't know
>which one change anything, but that's worth trying.
>
>Cedric

but unloading all the modules while my sound-applications i.e. are
running is probably not gonna work. Keeping them open however is one of
the things i like about suspend. :/
Is it possible to properly automate this? The usb module I tried to
unload in the lid-event-script. But it wont work. :/

greetings

Timo