Re: resizing hfs+ partition

Sometime in February Sven Luther assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| Well, can you download the above code and compile a parted based on it ? I
| guess then you need to create a small hfs+ journaled partition, and resizie
| it, and verify that the data on it still becomes available. Using md5sum and
| such.on all files of the pre-and-post-resize filesystem, both under linux and
| hfs+. You could probably even do a :
|
|   for file in `find /path/to/journaled/hfs+/partition -type f`; do md5sum $file >> md5sum.txt; done
|
| And after the resize you test it with :
|
|   md5sum -c md5sum.txt

While this will tell you if the individual bits of a file are ok, wont this
method of verification miss some seemingly important pieces of metadata
like last modification time, file permissions, etc.? The metadata in and of
itself isn't important, however, the important aspect here is the desire to
detect any corruption. Now I have no idea how to conveniently check the
metadata and stuff.

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key F65A739E