g5 for ben

due to the overwhelming sucess of the "Get a minimac for ben" project
and requests now for getting him a g5. I have now decided to ask
for interested parties to make pledges towards buying ben a g5.

The best option is to buy him a new imac g5 17" 1.8ghz
which will cost us$1500, or for the same price a single
cpu power mac g5 1.8ghz or for $2000 a dual powermac g5
1.8ghz

the imac has the advantage of having a monitor etc all
in one. the dual powermac gives ben something fun to
fine tune smp and calculate pi to millions of decimal
places. which always amuses me.

Please discuss this matter. I think bens feedback would
be handy.

So anyway. pledges come forward for g5. Any previous
quasi-pledges (like, people who said, ill pledge if
we get a g5), please confirm your pledges. Also be clear
as to if you wish to withdraw your macmini pledge.

Please note that i am not pledging towards the g5.
not that im tight, just that the macmini is of interest
to me, not the g5, but im happy to facilitate.

Also note i have contacted ben to finalise the macmini
project. If he can get back to me well get it rolling.

Dean
--
WWW: http://dean.bong.com.au  LAN: http://www.bong.com.au
EMAIL: dean@bong.com.au       or       djzort@bong.com.au