iMac things

I've just slapped Woody on a crusty old iMac. I've got most of it up,
but I've got a couple of issues with it left:

The power button. It currently does nothing. How do I trap it? (My
lusers are unable to cope with the concept of shutting down, so it has
been on the receiving end of some not-so-gentle power-offs.) It would
be quite handy to do suspends too. Problem is, I have no idea what
packages to use, or how it all works.

apmd thinks it's on battery power (and so anacron won't fire on
bootup).

I'd like to be able to wake-it-on-LAN (from off or suspend). I assume
that's just an OpenFirmware setting. (Can OpenFirmware change the
on-chime to a penguin squawk or something?)

Does this thing support DRI and GL? (I don't understand DRI much at
the best of times). The display controller is an ATI Technologies Inc
Rage 128 RL according to lspci.

I'm adding a few extra packages:

mplayer points out that most of it's additional (dll) codecs are i386
only. I'm resigned to just doing without, unless you can come up with
something.

The biggie: OpenOffice. I can't find a ppc woody backport anywhere. Is
there one?

        Iain.

--
Iain Georgeson | Liverpool | Belbin: Plant | Perl Adept
What has it got in its pocketses?