RE: Advanced Configuration Problems

On 09-Feb-2004 Brad Lathem wrote:
> Thanks to the help of many on this list, I've sucessfully installed
> Debian
> on my 867 Mhz. Powerbook.  Installation & basic functionality are no
> longer issues, as all of the basics are now done with and the basic
> system
> is laid out beautifully.  So now I'm onto the more advanced stuff (sound,
> MOL, etc..)  I've run into some roadblocks with sound & 3d acceleration,
> however.  Since I've had such good luck with this list before, I thought
> I'd ask if anybody had any ideas about these two things.

> For 3d acceleration, I added 'deb
> http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk-sid/ ./' to my sources.list,
> ran 'apt-get install drm-trunk-module-src xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk
> xlibmesa-gl1-dri-trunk', unpacked drm-trunk.tar.gz, and attempted
> 'make-kpkg modules-image'.  The error I get is:
>
> dpkg-gencontrol: error: source paragraph in control info file is missing
> Source line
> dh_gencontrol: command returned error code 65280

I think I got the same error -- I'm not sure about the error code number.
The reason fo that error had been unmatching kernel versions make-kpkg
found in the source directory and the kernel which was actaully running.
The solution on my system was install the kernel-headers package for the
running kernel built with make-kpkg on my system and to clean up the
directory drm-trunk because I tried to install the DRM modules for an older
kernel before. I simply purged it and unpacked the drm-trunk.tar.gz
again.
Then `make-kpkg modules_image´ workred without an error.
I'm using a kernel 2.4.24-ben1 on a TiBook IV (867MHz).

ToPu