Re: what distribution?

Hi,

Martin Kuball writes:

> I'v recently started to mix some packages from testing into my woody
> installation. Having encountered no problems so far I would like to
> go for more. [...]  Should I go all the way to unstable or

I run stable on most of the machines I take care of.  If for some
reason (usually hardware-related) I need a newer version of a package,
I do a backport from unstable to stable.  I don't use testing at all
(see below), and run unstable on very few machines for evaluation and
development.

> is testing a good compromise between stability and new features?

Ironically enough, testing is sometimes less stable than unstable,
because fixes take up to two weeks to propagate.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!