Re: powerbook and debian

El jue, 22-01-2004 a las 16:31, eric.bachard@b.org escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Federico Gamio a écrit :
> > El jue, 22-01-2004 a las 05:26, Angel escribi�³:
> > Well, I have an Alu 15" 1.25Ghz with superdrive with Debian and MacOS X.
>
> I've got the same.

[cut]
> > 3D aceleration (you can't see DVD or avis in full screen)
>
> I'm not sure you need 3D acceleration for see DVD and avis : with xine I
> already can do it. avis too. fullscreen give nearly 40% of load to the
> processor.

Well, not in my case, I use VLC, and I've already instaled xine, and
when I want to see a fullscreen avi, my radeon driver can't show all the
information...
I am using radeonfb with XFree 4.3.0-0pre1v5
What are your settings?

> My question : can you use MOL with this laptop. Every time I've tested,
> the compilation was aborted because a fb problem (userland things or
> something like that...)
>
> FYI : mol obtained with bk...
> ...autogen...configure...make...but, for now, no make libimport because
> make simply abort with a lot of errors.

Sure you can, I simply get mol from debian/unstable and it works
perfectly, I use the installed MacOS X :)
I just compile the modules for my runing kernel.

> Regards,
>
> eric

Regards,
  Federico

--
My software never has bugs.       | ASCII Ribbon Campaign         /"\
It just develops random features. | For Standards-Complaint Email \ /