Re: Installing Debian on a beige G3 all-in-one

>I don't know how the Apple/Mac hardware works, but as long as
>you're
>in the game of trying the out-of-the-ordinary you might want to see
if
>the sarge installer will work on it.

    >http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

>(FWIW the beta2 release of the new debian-installer worked quite
>well
>for me, though there were a couple of glitches, as my first
experience
>with a G4 yesterday)

That's an awesome suggestion, but unfortunately the debian-installer
doesn't currently have a powerpc boot floppy, and the oldworld macs
won't boot from a cd, so I'm still out of luck there. Thanks for the
suggestion, though! And AWESOME tagline!

Troy W. Conkright-Computer Aide
Walnut Elementary
3548 S. 775 E.
New Ross, IN 47968