Re: Audio/Video editing

Em Ter, 2004-01-20 às 13:22, Ryan Verner escreveu:
> On 20/01/2004, at 2:35 AM, Daniel Ruoso wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've recently installed debian sid in my iMac DV+, but I'm having
> > problems both with audio and video editing.
>
> If you're serious about video editing, I'd stick with OS X - the
> platform has the best damn editing applications on the planet, and
> you're on the right architecture.  Open source solutions still need to
> mature - they're still a bloody long way off being real tools, in my
> opinion (at least).
>
> Of course, you can capture/edit DV video using open source tools, but
> at nowhere near the flexibility you probably want.  Regarding your
> problems; not sure, sorry.

That's bad... :/

But the problem is that there are real video editing applications such
as kino and cinelarra, they do work correctly in PC, they just don't
have a pretty good port to powerpc (I guess cinelarra doesn't even have
a powerpc port). After all, the video editing tool is not the big
problem, as kino runs on powerpc pretty ok (regarding some problems). My
problem are with the video capture, and it seems that they are powerpc
specific problems. For PCs it works ok (at least this is what I can see
in kino forum and other pages).

daniel