Re: which video card? (with new computer)

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 06:27:31PM -0500, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
| I'm looking at options for a new computer, in particular one of the G5
| workstations.  It has the option of one of three video cards :
|     NVidia GeForce FX 5200 Ultra
|     ATI Radeon 9600 Pro
|     ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
|
| I haven't kept up-to-date on hardware and linux/XFree support, so I
| don't know which one to choose.  If you had this choice, which would
| you choose and why?

Thanks for the feedback.  This is going to be my first time working
with Debian (or anything involved, for that matter) on a PowerPC.  I
want to try the platform because I know from a design standpoint the
PPC is a -much- better processor than the legacy x86 line.  (likewise
for the m68k - my one assembly language programming class used the 68k)

-D

--
If you want to know what God thinks about money,
just look at the people He gives it to.