correctly detecting if the gcc output is 64 bits

The gcc build currently uses the output of "gcc print-multi-os-directory" to
detect if the output from gcc is 64 or 32 bits. This fails when the 32 bits
libraries are not installed in /lib or the 64 bits ones in /lib64.

The attached "detect-output-format.dpatch" replaces that test with one that
compiles a empty file and runs the "file" command on the output. I created it
to solve a FTBS on ppc64 but I think that it is general enough to be include
in the debian package (maybe after sarge).

The second file is a update of Andreas patch to gcc-3.4.3-5 that also uses
"detect-output-format.dpatch".

Rafael