Re: alternative airport extreme card

Hi,

George Wright wrote:
Does an alternative airport extreme card exist for ibook/PowerBook
G4 exist ?

Well, the card claims to be a mini-pci but it looks nothing like any standard mini-pci card. I think the Apple Airport Extreme card is the only card you can put into that slot.

Correct - or at least i never heard of such a solution.

However, you can grab a PCMCIA wireless card (I believe PCMCIA works under Linux; never tried it though), or grab a USB dongle.

PCMCIA works very well - watch out that the chipset is supported though. Prism GT works for example but no Cards that use the Broadcom-Chip.

Chris