Re: Newbie Installation problem on TiBook

On 7/26/04 9:31 PM, "Aaron Macks" <aaronm@cs.brandeis.edu.ml.to> wrote:

> There may be an easier way to do this, but if you change to another
> tty(press alt-f2 or f3), login as root and type eject, the cd should
> come out
> aaron
> ps alt is usually mapped to option
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 09:24:04PM -0700, Steven Didier wrote:
>>
>> --
>> I am attempting to install Debian on my Power Book Titanium 867mHz 1Gb ram
>> combo drive. I purchased the 7cd set 3.02 woody the install goes fine up to
>> the key code prompt. At that point it just hangs, also since this book has
>> the slot load I cannot scan any cd other than the first one, there seems to
>> be no way to eject the cd!
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>> Thanks,
>> Steve
>>

>> The message body is also available in HTML:
>> Size: 589 Type: HTML Category: Messages

After switching to a virtual console using alt-f2 logging in as root I then
type eject. The shell returns with -eject command not found -
WT is going on? Eject works with YDL and Gentoo why isn't it working with
debian?
 Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.
I am trying to install with the 7cd woody rev2 set since I do not have
anything more than dialup.
I do have the Linuxcent hcfusb modem driver but I need a functioning system
to install it and my plan is to upgrade to a more recent kernel assuming I
can get past the no eject command problem.

Thanks,
Steve