Re: How to configure yaboot for initrd? I need help...

Michael Schmitz wrote:
The OP wasn't clamoring "make it work", rather offering the "mount and
fix" suggestion for disaster recovery. As a last resort it's definitely
OK. But you should have multiple easier ways for recovery:

Yes, but I more meant people who said "ooh, you can do that? cool!", tried mounting it the way he described in OS X, then ended up with an unblessed stage 1 loader script. They'd be bugging him, Ethan or this list saying "I did such-and-such, like so-and-so said you could, now I can't boot at all!" I was simply comparing that to the reasons why Ethan made such strict policies on how yaboot should be used, because of all the bogus problem reports and "make it work!" e-mails I'm sure he's received in the past.

--
Derrik Pates
dpates@dsdk12.net