Issues with moussemu (was Re: mouseemu not working)

Colin/all:

I've been using mouseemu with my Powerbook Pismo running Debian sid, and for the most part it works fairly well; however I have run into a few issues with it:

- If you use a click-modifier key for a mouse button 2 or 3 action, and you press the modifier, click the button, and release the modifier _before_ the mouse button, X thinks the "button" is stuck in the "down" state. Apparently mouseemu doesn't remember that the last down event still needs its respective up event, so it issues an up event for button 1 - which of course wasn't actually down. As long as I remember to hold the modifier until _after_ I release the mouse button, I'm ok, but I don't always remember. - If I use the Ctrl key or the Alt key as a modifier, X sees that button as still being down when it receives the mouse-button down event, causing it to (in certain apps) do something other than what I really want. Is there some way a "key-up" or something can be issued for the modifier to mask it out while it's being used as a "magic" mouse modifier? - Also, you should be a little more specific about the fact that you have to use a "special" keycode to indicate a mouse click - and really, if there's _any_ command line option it doesn't recognize (particularly since you don't use GNU Getopt-style command-line switches!!!), it should output the help text. I ended up digging through the source before I finally figured out the switch I had to pass to get the help text so that I could change settings without changing the source.

It is a pretty neat bit of hacking, though, and I appreciate the work you did.

--
Derrik Pates
dpates@dsdk12.net